- Public Corruption: Maximizing the Recovery Of Damages, presented at a conference of the County Counsels’ Association of California. Click here to read the written materials from that presentation on legal remedies for public corruption.
- “The Bankruptcy Examiner,” published in the California Bankruptcy Journal. Click here to read that article on the bankruptcy examiner.
- “Stare decisis lite in the U.S. Supreme Court,” published in Los Angeles Daily Journal. Click here to see the article.
- “Banking on Compliance,” published in Los Angeles Daily Journal (April 10, 2009) (re Ponzi schemes, Bank Secrecy Act, and Financial Crimes Enforcement Network).
- “Are bankruptcy criminal referrals sad or not sad?,” published in Los Angeles Daily Journal (Dec. 10, 2018) ( re 18 U.S.C. sections 158(d) and 3057). Click here to read that article.
- “Marino II: Ninth Circuit Lacked Jurisdiction to Review BAP’s Decision on Contempt Sanctions for Discharge Injunction Violation and Affirmed BAP’s Denial of Appellate Fees,” published in the California Lawyers Association Business Law News 1:19 (2021). Click here to read that article.
- Multiple ILC E-Bulletins for the Insolvency Law Committee of the Business Law Section of the California Lawyers Section.
Mr. Gumport has served as a member of the Board of Editors of the California Bankruptcy Journal. He also has served as a panelist in presentations to the ABA Criminal Justice-White Collar Crime Committee (West Coast Region), the American Association of Insolvency Accountants, the California Bankruptcy Forum, the CalCPA Litigation Section, the Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association, the County Counsels’ Association of California, the Federal Bar Association, the Financial Lawyers Conference of Los Angeles, the Los Angeles Bankruptcy Forum, the Greater Inland Empire Municipal Law Association, and the Transportation Lawyers Association.
DISCLAIMER: Do not rely on the materials linked to this page for legal advice. They are not updated to reflect developments in the law, and the statements made in the articles may not (and likely do not) apply to your situation. In addition, please see the Disclaimer that appears beneath the capitalized words “Attorney Advertising” on the Home page of this website.